Here is a challenge for you.
- Look around your house and notice the patterns in your wall paper, fabrics, books, pillows and things
- Pick one pattern that speaks to you
- Grab a pen and draw the pattern
- Don’t do an exact copy, BE YOU. Embrace you line quality
- Now you have a drawing that could be used to make prints
You get to decide.
If you would like to get more quick actionable steps and explore gelatin printmaking with me and several other artists, then join us in this year’s session of Make Monotypes, the 4 week online gelatin printmaking course. Read all the details on the printmaking workshop page. Class starts May 15th.
from Linda Germain http://www.lindagermain.com/2017/05/inspired-patterns-surround/